As I work hard towards completion of my Holistic Counselling and Coaching credentials, I’m often asked what do Holistic Counsellors and Coaches do differently? It’s a good question! The biggest difference is the approach we take, being the whole person, mind, body and spirit. Looking holistically at a person is very different than looking at particular symptoms or issues alone. What’s triggering them today could well be something that has wounded them years ago.
With the depth of study included in my training, it enables me to approach my clients with the knowledge to best support their needs. I will be Internationally trained in meditation teaching, brain and body medicine, autonomic nervous system realignment, inner child trauma healing, grief and loss, trauma and abuse, PTSD, relationships, advanced holistic counselling, teenage counselling, psychotherapy and empowerment coaching-which covers a range of separate tools. I’ve added volunteering with a National Crisis Line for the additional training and experience.
Here’s what we do:
- Practises on the foundation that the body, mind, soul & spirit are fundamentally inter-connected & therefore, in order to heal, we need to take all of these areas into account.
- Works under the belief that everyone is a healer & holds all healing properties they need inside of themselves. By empowering & guiding people towards their own greatness, we trigger their inner wisdom & thereby accelerate their inner healing powers.
- Focuses on the wholeness of each individuals wellbeing & long-term health, not just on fixing the acute symptoms. Including the basis that without being prepared to go within and deal with your wounds and trauma, you become a ticking time bomb for future issues.
- Is solution-based & aims to seek out ways to empower you to positive change in an inspiring & heart-centred way.
- Uses creative & gentle techniques to heal trauma & emotional pain in order to help you on your personal growth journey.
- Aims to give you the tools & knowledge to stimulate a winning mindset for long-lasting positive change.
- Enhance’s & enables personal growth, healing & transformation by giving you techniques to help you overcome any obstacles.
- Meets you where YOU are on your life journey and gives you individual guidance & support in a safe, relaxed & individual manner.
What’s been incredible on this learning journey is the increase in my own self-awareness and the improvement in my own relationships with family and friends which were good to start with and are now on another level.
It’s always being genuine and authentic. It’s looking at things compassionately and understanding everyone is at their own place on their own path and doing things the best they know how, at their own level of self awareness. Some will be prepared to do the hard work and others won’t and that’s their choice.
Passion and purpose are beautiful things. It’s been hardwork- it is hardwork! But what I have gained has been worth every minute. The journey is sweet and the destination will be even sweeter.
“The root of health is the brain. The trunk of health are the emotions, beliefs and feelings. The branches and leaves are the body. The flower of health blooms when all parts work together”.